Sri: Srimate Ramanujaya Nama:
Samashrayanam or Pancha Samskara (meaning Five Purificatory Acts) is a Pañcaratra rite practiced in SriVaishnavism. Samasrayana means total surrender to the Lotus feet of Sriman Narayanan with all sincerity and truthfulness to Acharya. During this rite, the Acharyan initiates a person, irrespective of sex, caste, social status etc., as His sishya. It is a commitment from the disciple that he or she will live as per the wishes of Swami Ramanuja. Thus, the person gets the association with the SriVaishnava Sampradayam.
Samashrayanam consists of the Guru bringing the initiate into the SriVaishnava flock through five steps:
- Thapaha-embossing the impression of Vishnu’s sudarshana discus on the right shoulder of the disciple and of Vishnu’s panchajanya conch on the left shoulder of the disciple – using an ember-heated silver seal.
- Pundraha-introducing the twelve locations in the body where SrimanNarayanan resides and thus are to be marked with the SriVaishnava tilak sign.
- Namaha – adding the suffix dasan (servant – of Vishnu and Ramanuja) to the disciple name.
- Mantraha- teaching the SriVaishnava Rahasya Mantram.
- Yagaha(Tiruvaradhana) – initiating the disciple in the proper form of the ritual worship of Vishnu.
The process burns the effects of karmas of the past, protects from future janmas, reduces the effects of karmas of current janma thereby making the soul pure and eligible for Serving Acharya, Bhagavathas and Bhagawan.
If you would like to serve with Ramanuja Sambandham and choose Elayavilli Tiru Vamsam as not only your Gnana Acharyan but also Samashrayana Acharyan, please contact : 𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢.𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐢@𝐠𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐥.𝐜𝐨𝐦